Somerville Bike Kitchen is growing and looking for 2 additional staff members to help us in our mission to help the local biking community.
You don’t need to be a bike maintenance expert, just have a desire to learn and help others.
It’s not just bike repair skills we’re after, maybe you’re a great organizer? Maybe you have a knack for design and promotion? Join sbk and use your skills to make sbk better!
As a staff member you would:
– host three open shop nights during your 3-month term (Tues or Thurs nights 6-9pm)
– attend staff meetings once a month to help steer the direction of the bike kitchen.
– apply your other skills to improve the space and community.
– help financially to keep the bike kitchen going with a $54/ 3 month ($18/mo) contribution.
Benefits you would get:
– learn all about bike maintenance/repair.
– you will have 24/7 access to the shop space.
– first dibs/low cost access to our parts/supplies inventory.
– contribute to the local bike advocacy/DIY community
– volunteer/leadership experience and references for your resume.
– meet cool people who love bikes as much as you do!
Please contact us at via email or facebook with any questions you have!